Thursday, March 26, 2009

I really want to become an actress.. how much does it help if you know someone in the business?

I have an uncle and aunt who are best friends with some major directors and people like that.. would that help me? (the way i see it is.. it could help me if one of them likes me or I just dont get noticed.) If it does how can I make the most of it next time I see them?
I really want to become an actress.. how much does it help if you know someone in the business?
I am sure your uncle and aunt are not friends with them because of that so they might not want to have you using them like that. Try an acting agency and start out small or something. Do community plays and maybe ask your aunt and uncle to come see! (because you love them!!)
I really want to become an actress.. how much does it help if you know someone in the business?
The reality is that knowing someone helps. A lot. For example, my father used to work for RCA years ago. RCA owned NBC. While I was a teenager, he used to get us tickets to earlier days of Saturday Night Live. He could have also gotten me in the page program at NBC. I however, was naive and unfocused so I never took advantage of it. 8 years later, I wanted to but he had moved on to another company and most of his influential colleagues had left.





However, you do not want to pressure your aunt and uncle. What happens is that everyone and their brother is trying to get a hold of their friends and use them. When you are influential in the entertainment industry, just about everyone has ulterior motives for being your friend.





I would ask them for advice. They could help provide some answers and guidance. They sound like a wonderful resource for a young person.





Good luck!
Reply:1. Training. Acting/Dancing/Singing classes are a good start. You start to get some talent under your belt, and grow your confidence. Plus, if after about a year of classes if you realize you really don%26#039;t like it, it%26#039;ll be easier for you to back out.





2. Experience. Do Community Theater, act in your school play, get in some student films, etc. You%26#039;ll want to do as many productions as possible to have a great resume.





3. Agent. http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/tale...





As you can see, you%26#039;re going to need to spend at least two years (At the VERY least. Usually you%26#039;ll need three to four.) building yourself up. You%26#039;ll want to make sure this is what you really want to do before you start getting into this.





Also, you should NEVER have to pay for anything when it comes to getting an agent. If an agent tells you to take special classes from them or a website asks for a credit card number, that is a red flag that it is a scam. Some of the big scammers out there are: John Robert Powers, Millie Lewis, John Casablancas, Proscout, Model Look, Barbizon.





Hope this helps and I wish you a fantastic career. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment